Pages

Thursday 22 December 2011

Home Sweet Home :)

Seeing as our internet is FINALLY back up and running properly (meaning I can actually upload photos) I thought it would be quite nice to post where I live, or the area where I live.

I am so grateful for where I live. I am a Farmers Daughter and a 'farmgirl' through and through, I have lived on our farm all my life and love coming home! Its full of history (some of the farm building were used as hospitals during the World War!) but more than that its home :) We dont have any animals on the farm, as we are an arable (crops) farm but I do have 2 horses which make up for it! This is them last year in the snow :) love them!



We live outside this cute little village which has to be one of my favourite places EVER! It is a 'tourist' area which does mean that there are a lot of holiday homes in the villiage, making it almost a ghost town in the Winter, but in some ways that adds to it! I have had part time jobs in the village since I was about 15 and have spent so many fun summer days on the beach and then when older warm winter nights in the pubs with friends :) it really is a brilliant place!

The county I live in is a coastal county and is known for having a superb coastline! We are lucky to have some amazing beaches throughout the county and even have a 'coastal path' that follows the whole coastline! One day I will walk the whole of this path (about 186miles!) it is something I must do!













                                       (think I am chanelling my inner 'Little Mermaid' here! Kinda reminds me of the film!)

The first 5 photos are taken from the coastal path on the way to the village. The rest are from a fun afternoon spent at a local beach in Summer 2009. Its completely off the beaten track, you have to walk down this long path to get to it and its so quite, lovely and unique....the little bridge that I am standing on in the photos is so cute!!

So this is a little bit of where I live, I will most likely post more photos in the weeks to come as this is only a small part of the county, and there are some lovely beaches!
I honestly do feel lucky to live in such a stunning place! There are certain beaches that I go to when I want to 'escape' or sit quietly....nothing beats a walk on the beach to clear your head!
Do you have a certain place that you 'escape' too?

Hope your all as excited for Christmas as I am!! One of the presents I ordered arrived today...I was starting to worry! So lots of wrapping of presents is in order tonight! Exciting!!
Katie xx

No comments: